Song of the Lioness

Posted by Cassandra

I started a new series, by one of my favorite authors: Tamora Pierce. I read her other series, "The Immortals", which has magic and whatnot in it. I would like to read that series again as well, because Tamora Pierce is a great writer. When I was in 7th grade, I believe, she came and talked to us, and I was obsessed for years with her. :)

I'm going to read the entire series before I start seriously talking about them. I will say they are about a girl, who switches roles with her twin brother to become a knight, because she loathes magic, and that's what the next few years would hold for her if she was sent to a convent. Knighthood holds so much fascination for her, but she needs to convince everyone that she is indeed a boy, or else there would be a lot of trouble for her. "Alanna: The First Adventure" is the first book in Tamora Pierce's "Song of the Lioness" series.

I've taken a very keen interest in dogs lately, and I really want a Great Dane. They're big, and loyal, and easy to train, and besides that, seriously, how could you say no to this face?
And don't you want this guy curled up on your couch?But then again, how could you say no to THIS face?And doesn't this guy look protective?But if I ever took up running, in a different country, let's say Africa, I would definitely want this guy to train with me.
And even if it took a few months to grow into a fierce lion fighter, I would be okay cuddling this little thing for awhile :)The first two pictures are Great Danes, the next two are Bullmastiffs, and the last two are Rhodesian Ridgebacks. They're all gorgeous dogs, each perfect in their own right, and its hard to choose which perfect I would want. I guess it kinda depends on what Kyle wants too...

This entry was posted on Mar 8, 2010 at 5:58 PM . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment