New Me?

Posted by Cassandra

This is the day that every high school senior is waiting for. Who am I kidding, every kid in school waits for this day. The last day of school. Not to be continued after summer, just high school is complete, done, you never have to return. I was excited two weeks ago, one week ago, a few days ago. But yesterday and today, I felt like something was missing. Everyone was jumping up and down (literally) and announcing they were "DONE!!!" But I still feel, I don't even know, left out? People warned me that I would feel letdown after I was done, but I constantly brushed them off with a shrug, a wave of my hand and a "whatever!" But I can really see what they meant.

For nearly 18 years, Hulett has been my home, and I've gone to school almost everyday. What am I supposed to do now? Really, who am I now? I honestly don't know the answer to that question. In a few months, I'm going to be packing up all of my things, and going clear across the U.S. to Naperville, a place I've been to all of two times. I'll be leaving everything I've ever known; my family, my home, my friends, my teachers, my mentors, my roots, to be with my boyfriend.

I'm happy to be going, I really am. But it's hard to conjure up the enthusiasm right now. Graduation is going to hit me hard, because everything I am is coming to an end.

I'm going to be so different once I leave Wyoming, and I'm not sure if that's going to be a good thing...Or a bad thing.

gratuitous prom picture

This entry was posted on May 19, 2010 at 4:21 PM . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment